Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Re Feedburner

I have been introduced to a site called feedburner. This is a site that is managed by Google and lets you have more control over your own RSS feeds. For example, I listed my podomatic page as Cam Gleeson's page. I then wanted to change it to NMIT, I can't do this via podomatic, because the RSS feed that goes out to subscribers is set. So I divert my feed through feedburner and I can change the name to whatever I want to, whenever I want. This means a lot when you realise that you are missing critical words in your titles that people can pick up when searching. My original title says nothing about podcasting which is not good.

Additionally if I am using feedburner I can create seperate RSS feeds for each podcast or video, whilst on podomatic there is just one feed for the whole page. You can access feedburner by activating a google account that gives you access. It is handy if you want to have more control over your RSS feeds as your stuff gains more of a following.

No comments:

Post a Comment